Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thank you everyone!

Tank and Maggie, Phoenix's brother and sister! They can't wait to meet their little (big) sister!
To All Phoenix Supporters,
  Hello again from Afghanistan! I don’t know where to start the support that we have gotten from everyone is unbelievable.  In total we have raised over 5,000 dollars to bring Phoenix home, any extra money that isn't needed for Phoenix’s trip will go directly to the Afghan Stray Animal League and will help other animals like Phoenix.  I am proud to announce that Phoenix has over 300 friends on Facebook!  I have received a lot of positive support through facebook via email and page posts there are alot of great people out there and I cannot ever thank you all enough for what you have done for me and my furry battle buddy. I have received a few questions on facebook, the most popular has been how can I help? Well we have raised enough money for Phoenix but if you are interested in donating to help other dogs like Phoenix you can go to ASAL’s website at http://www.afghanstrayanimals.org/and donate directly to them or you can visit the Puppy Rescue Mission a wonderful group who work with several organizations to reunite soldiers and their furry friends. You can find them on facebook or at their website http://www.thepuppyrescuemission.org/.The SCPA and Operation Baghdad pups are doing fantastic work and you can check them out at http://www.spcai.org/baghdad-pups.htmlfor more information. The other question I get asked a lot is am I a “Mainer”or are you from Maine. So to answer that question yes I am what I would consider a Mainer although I was born in Massachusetts I did move to Maine when I was 3 so all my childhood memories are of Maine. I know some of you will argue that this makes me a “transplant” and not a true “Mainer” but I respectfully disagree.  I grew up in Atkinson Maine for the first half of my childhood,if you haven’t heard of it I cannot say that I’m surprised it’s a small down located between Charleston and Dover-Foxcroft.  I attended elementary school in a 3 room schoolhouse of 20 something students the first room had Kindergarten and first grade the other first and second and the 3rd we used as a gym. Upon graduation from 2nd grade you went to Milo elementary that was about an hour plus bus ride away. Sadly Atkinson Elementary school no longer exists but the play ground is still there and I have many found memories of it. We moved to Dover-Foxcroft Maine where I attended middle and High school. Upon graduation I enlisted in the United States Army. I have served 3deployments 2 to Afghanistan and 1 to Iraq as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, what is this you may ask, it’s the Army’s version of a Bomb Squad,yes as much as it pains me to say like the movie “Hurt Locker”.  I am currently stationed in FT Drum NY with my beautiful wife Ashley and our 2 amazing children Maria (8) and Conner (7).We are all very excited for Phoenix to come home. The latest that I am tracking is that she is still in Kabul and is getting all her much needed vaccines and will soon be spayed and then all the paperwork will be done so she can start her long journey home. I thank you all for everything that you have done and will do my best to keep you all informed on our journey. God bless!
v/r
SFC MacAlister  Daniel T.
Phoenix's backyard at her new home. Of course this is the snow free version!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your service! And for saving this canine companion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie and tank will love Phoenix. You are pretty good at this blog thing:) you should keep up your new hobby. Hopefully we will be able to meet Phoenix this summer! Enjoy your weekend Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading this blog! So happy to see Phoenix is coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were able to donate $315 to Phoenix's fund from local cash donations.This has been added to her Chip in fund so what is left over can be donated to help another "battle buddy" and his/her soldier be reunited in the USA-Thanks to all who helped make this dream become a reality-Much love & gratitude to all-SFC Daniel MacAlister's Proud Army Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special homes are done by Home Builders in Phoenix. They can follow all of your orders to ensure that you have the right home. Focus on what home you need and make sure that you will have the dream home that you want.

    http://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-phoenix

    ReplyDelete