Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Phoenix on the Bangor Maine news!


Check out my mom talking about Phoenix on WABI TV news, in Bangor Maine!!

http://www.wabi.tv/news/27232/maine-soldier-using-the-internet-to-help-bring-rescued-dog-to-maine


To All Phoenix Supporters,
   I would just like to take a minute to thank my Mom Becky Moulton,
news reporter Diana Bosch, everyone at WABI TV and of course all of the
Phoenix supporters out there. I went to bed last night and we were
hovering somewhere around the $950 dollar mark which by itself blew me
away. Then when I got up early to go train someone local Afghan Police on
IED recognition and I jump on the Internet before I leave to check on
the blog and I see $2,400 on there. I was totally overwhelmed and
overjoyed all at the same time it took me awhile to let it sink in I
wasn't sure if I was dreaming or something. So I get on Phoenix's
facebook to try to find an explanation for all of this, and someone had
posted a link to the WABI news story. Phoenix had around 70
friend requests, it was all absolutely amazing.  I am not sure who did
the picture selection for the story but did you have to put a picture of
me with my helmet all sideways looking like a goof ball I know you have
better pictures then that Mom :)  Anyways it was all very nice and I
cannot thank everyone enough. Phoenix is still at the Afghan Stray
Animal Leagues' shelter in Kabul; over the next week she should be
getting all of her vaccinations and will be spayed. I am trying to get a
picture of her there so I can post it for all of you. I am still here in
southern Afghanistan, got about a month and a half to go! I will do my
best to keep you all in the loop as our journey goes. Thanks again for
all the support and God Bless!
v/r
SFC MacAlister  Daniel T. 

7 comments:

  1. THANK_YOU ALL! it is truely over whelming to see the support we are receiving.My son is a true hero in every sense of the word!If you are a"local" we have also set up a savings account @ MAINE SAVINGS FCU titled "Bringing Phoenix Home c/o Becky Moulton for anyone wishing to make a cash donation.AGAIN THANK YOU ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see there are still kind and decent people in this world! God bless you Daniel, safe travels to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I can't wait to read that both you and Phoenix have made it home safely!! Thank you for all that you do for our country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan and the other MacAlister clan,
    Good luck with all of this. Please let me know when she is home so I can send her a goody box from the Bevis family.


    George Bevis

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have reached your goal . As a dog lover, myself, I cried when I saw this story. So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO happy you got all of the money you needed! I've been watching your blog over the last 24 hours and WOW- I am amazed by everyone working together on this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I saw the story on the news this a.m. and jumped on to help you only to find that you have already met your goal. Thank you for your service to our country and especially thanks for caring for Phoenix and for not leaving her behind. As a fellow dog lover(I have 4), I feel it so important to help these beautiful souls who are trapped in the Hell of war with no one to love them. Phoenix is so lucky to have found you. Can't wait to hear that you are both home safe! Bless you and Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete